Sunday, May 7, 2017

Image result for nurse technology


Reflection

Dear Future Students,

Throughout my journey to become a nurse educator I have learned a variety of things. One of the most prevalent themes is that of technology in healthcare. The field of healthcare is constantly changing as new evidence emerges on best practices of caring for patients. Recently, technology has blossomed and educators have had to change the way students are taught so they are prepared to enter the workforce successfully upon completion of the nursing program. As your educator, I will do my best to help you gain familiarity with these new technologies.

I had many preconceived notions of what it means to be an educator and had many thoughts on the type of educator I want to be. I used to think nursing education mainly consisted of lecture with occasional clinical time. I have learned this will not benefit you the most and in order to help you become a successful nurse, it is up to educators to guide you. I have learned there are a variety of ways I can teach to help facilitate learning and a variety of techniques I can use to help you stay engaged. After this learning experience, I feel confident to be able to help you gain comfort with technology in nursing. I am dedicated and invested in your obtainment of knowledge by whatever means necessary. The video below is just a small glimpse into what a nurse educator can do with technology.

I feel confident in my ability to educate future nurses through the incorporation of technology. Technology is a major part of the healthcare industry. The blog here provides a brief insight in the ability for technology to positively effect patient outcomes. I believe in technologies ability to help patients achieve better outcomes but it is up to nurses to be able to utilize and interpret what technology has to offer. It is ultimately up to nurses to be prepared to care for patients with the inclusion of technology and use it as a tool to help care for patients. I will do my best to ensure that you are prepared to utilize technology in nursing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment